Whats App Us
Home Eye Care Services from Tej Eye Center in the Era of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COVID 19 outbreak has been declared as a pandemic (global health emergency) by WHO.
- It is highly contagious and has been spreading worldwide since December 2019 & has sickened millions of people, shut down major cities, prompted unprecedented global travel restrictions, and influenced the global spread of misinformation and panic.
- 80% Covid-19 patients asymptomatic, but are becoming carriers who can potentially spread the virus among more sections of society.
- Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
Tej eye center has come up with Home Eye Care Services - an Eye Examination in the comfort of your own home esp. in times when leaving the house is not safe & advisable as strict lockdown and social distancing are the only ways to combat COVID 19. This situation will be equally relevant post lockdown!
Though an unfortunate situation, there are always ways around these problems. Our home eye care service will bring our state of the art clinical equipment to your home and give you the eye test you need giving you healthy & excellent vision once more!
1. You contact us : The patient has to call +91 99240 88500 and book an appointment for home eye care services. Our staff will take down the patient’s demographic details along with chief complaints. Patient would be requested to share/ upload his medical papers, current glass prescription & current medications (if any) on whatsapp. History about COVID 19 exposure would also be taken. Home care appointment will be booked and visit time will be specified.
2. We take utmost precautions: The Tej eye center team will visit your home at specified day and time. Before the visit, the home, where examination is to be carried out will be sanitized to avoid cross contamination. We are committed excellence in diagnostic & therapeutic ophthalmology without compromising the health and well-being of our patients and staff. Thermal screening of the patient will be carried out and gloves along with 3 layer mask will be given to the patient prior to examination. The staff will wear a Personal Protective Equipment along with face shield. Norms of maintaining minimum distance and hand sanitization will be strictly followed.
3. We examine your eyes: TEC's technical team will examine the eyes using our state of the art clinical equipment like slit lamp biomicroscope, fundus camera, digital vision chart, trial chart and lensometer. The examination will be simultaneously viewed by eye doctor online using digital platform. It will be as good as in-person visits. They would see the inside of the eye through microscope and diagnose the disease.
4. Prescription medications / choice of frames: Once the diagnosis is confirmed, prescription - medications / glasses will be handed over to the patient. Course of treatment will be prescribed.
We want all to stay at home and stay safe and know that we are always here for you!
This facility is available in these areas – Vijay cross road, chandkheda, Gandhinagar and kalol.